I offer one to one breastfeeding consultation. This takes a holistic and client-centered approach. The consultation takes place in my clinic or in the comfort of your own home.
The consultation may take up to two hours, for assessment and formulation of an appropriately personalised and realistic breastfeeding care plan. Our goal should be to
- Normalise any breastfeeding issues, and
- Help fit breastfeeding into your daily life.
During our consultation we go over both mother and baby assessments.
- Pregnancy and birth history
- Medical history including medications or herbal remedies
- Breastfeeding history including in hospital and at home and identification of any problems or red flag issues.
- Examination of the mother (nipple and breast problems which may impact on breastfeeding)
- Medical history including any medication
- Baby examination including posture and tone, head shape/body alignment
- Oral examination including anatomy
- Baby suck assessment
- Observation of a full breastfeed
- Positioning guidance and adjustment as needed
We work together to address any challenges you are encountering, and address any further concerns or questions you might have. We develop a care plan together to help you reach your breastfeeding goals.
Sometimes some breastfeeding issues require two or more appointments. It may depend on how long the problem took to develop.
- Clinic visit INITIAL CONSULTATION: 130 euro
- Home visit: 165-180 euro
- Follow up visit 85 euro
- Pre payment Required
- Cancellation Fee :Require 24 hour notice after 50 % of fee .Day of appointment 100%of fee. Administration fee applies